Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Self-discovery

living room, 9pm

Sarah: Modern family?
Alyssa: Yeah, of course.
(everyone sits down in front of the TV)
Alyssa: What? Country Music? CMAS?!? (country music awards)
Emily: oh, poo.
Alyssa: Is there anything else we can watch? ANYTHING?
Friend Taylor: um...ultimate cage fighting?
Emily: This sucks.

9:15 pm

Alyssa: Huh. Her shoes are like 6 inches high. How is she walking?
Emily: craziness...and crazy we're still watching this.
Sarah: yeah.
Emily: actually, come to think of it, I've seen a lot of these people in concert...that one...and that one...and that one...and that one. (All by accident. My tiny no-name town happens to be home of a HUUUUUUGE country music festival every year. We get a lot of people who are famous/become famous within three weeks of the concert, along with Flamin' Dick & The Hot Rods, a regional favorite.)

10 pm

Alyssa: WHAT? GWYENTH PALTROW SINGS COUNTRY?
Emily: huh?
Alyssa: she's making her debut tonight.
Emily: well, now we have to keep watching.

10:20 pm

Emily: um....I...um...I actually kind of like this song. *
Alyssa: .....me too.
Friend Sean: Wow, how this night has gone. From "I hate the CMAs" to "I like this song."

who knew?

* the song we liked:




1 comment: